Enjoy peace-of-mind purchase and ownership when you select a Subaru Certified Pre-Owned vehicle.
With rock-solid reliability and a nicely broken-in quality, Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles have years of reliable miles ahead of them. These vehicles come standard with significant advantages over non-certified, used Subaru models, including factory warranties, 24-hour roadside assistance programs and detailed inspections from factory-trained Subaru technicians. Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles meet the highest standards for safety, security and overall performance – in other words, the standards you’ve come to expect from Subaru. Powered by a wide range of added benefits, the Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Program also eliminates many of the worries typically associated with purchasing a used vehicle. We invite you to read on to learn more about this exciting program.
To qualify, a Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle must:
- Be less than 8 years old (model year) and have less than 160,000 km
- Pass a multi-point inspection by a Subaru factory-trained technician
- Possess a clean CARFAX® vehicle history report
- Certified Limited Warranty
- 152-point Inspection
- Exchange Privilege
- CARFAX® Report
- Roadside Assistance
- Attractive Financing Options
Certified Limited Warranty
Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Eligibility & Warranties
On top of passing our comprehensive 152-point inspection, all vehicles in the Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Program are less than 8 model years old and have been driven fewer than 160,000 km - meaning only the cream of the crop can be considered Subaru Certified. Depending on the age and the mileage of the Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle, the warranty and warranty period will be as follows:
1. Subaru vehicles with greater than 6-months and/or 10,000-km remaining on the New Vehicle Limited Warranty (36-months/60,000-km). These vehicles are sold with the balance of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty and can be upgraded with a Subaru Protection Plan to extend the time/km coverage.
2. Subaru vehicles that are still under the original New Vehicle Limited Warranty period (36-months/60,000-km), but with fewer than 6-months or 10,000-km (whichever comes first). These vehicles are sold with a Subaru Certified Limited Warranty of 42-months/70,000-km (whichever comes first) from the original in-service date. The warranty can be upgraded with a Subaru Protection Plan to extend the time/km coverage.
3. Subaru vehicles that are no longer covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty (36-months/60,000-km), are up to five model years old and have been driven less than 100,000-km. These vehicles are sold with a 6-month/10,000-km Subaru Certified Limited Warranty, which can be upgraded with a Subaru Protection Plan to extend the time/km coverage.
4. Subaru vehicles that are up to 8 model years old and have between 100,000-km and 160,000-km. These vehicles are sold with a 3-month/5,000-km Subaru Certified Limited Warranty, which can be upgraded with a Subaru Protection Plan to extend the time/km coverage.
Please see your local Subaru Dealer for further Subaru Certified Limited Warranties and Subaru Protection Plan information or click HERE to learn more.
Every Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle must pass a comprehensive 152-point inspection, during which any needed repair or maintenance is performed ensuring Subaru’s highest standards of quality. Following a complete 360-degree review by Subaru’s factory-trained technicians, you can rest assured that your vehicle will be prepared to the highest standards.View 152-point Inspection Checklist
The goal of the Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Program is to make the experience of purchasing a pre-owned Subaru as pleasurable and worry-free as possible. With this in mind, we are pleased to offer Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle customers a one-time, 10-day/1,000-km Exchange Privilege. Whether you want to have your preferred pre-owned vehicle in a different colour or you want to move to a different Subaru model entirely, this offer helps ensure our customers receive the vehicle they want.
All Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles, unless otherwise indicated, are eligible for the Exchange Privilege if exchanged with the selling Subaru Dealer within the first 10 calendar days or the first 1,000-km, whichever comes first, of the date of purchase.
The initial Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle purchaser or retail lessee may exchange the eligible vehicle for another Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle of equal or lesser value and receive credit for the difference, if the purchase price of the exchanged vehicle is less than the agreed upon exchange value of the vehicle being returned. If the purchase price of the replacement vehicle is more than the agreed upon value of the vehicle being returned, the purchaser will pay the difference.
The vehicle must still be owned or leased by the original Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle retail purchaser or lessee and must be returned to the selling Subaru dealer in the same condition it was delivered to the customer, without damage or excessive wear and tear. An agreed upon ‘exchange value’ will be included on your Subaru Certified Limited Warranty Form.
Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle customers are not eligible for the Exchange Privilege if:
- The vehicle was a fleet purchase or a fleet lease
- The vehicle was used for delivery, daily rental, hearse, limousine, taxi, snowplow or delivery services
- The customer has previously exchanged a vehicle under the Subaru Certified Exchange Privilege within a period of 12 months commencing on the exchange date of the returned vehicle
- The vehicle had after-market accessories installed (e.g. radio, alarm system, etc.), unless the installation was performed by or sublet by the selling Subaru Certified dealer
- The vehicle was structurally modified such that it would be ineligible to be certified as a Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle.
Any Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle exchanged under the Subaru Certified Exchange Privilege will be inspected by the Subaru Certified dealer for damage and excessive wear and tear. If non-warranty repairs equal to or greater than $300 have been performed or are necessary, the vehicle is not eligible to be returned. If non-warranty repairs of less than $300 have been performed or are necessary, the cost of the repair will be deducted from the credit amount of the returned vehicle.